Need to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S6? Use our easy to follow step by step instructions or watch this how-to video to return your Galaxy S6 to its original factory settings.
This video tutorial apply to the following phones:
Galaxy S6 LTE
Galaxy S6 4G
What will a hard reset do to my phone? Hard reset will restore your smartphone to its basic factory settings. It will:
* Erase all user data (contacts, music, messages, pictures, video, etc.)
* Erase all firmware settings
* Erase all applications installed by user
* Erase the content in internal storage
Reasons why you might need to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S6 phone?
* Reset and disable forgotten screen lock password or pattern
* Might resolve hang-ups & freezing problems
* Might resolve slow performance of your Galaxy S6 phone
* Might resolve unexpected Application crashes
* Wipes personal data phone before you sell your phone or after you buy one
* Regain default functionality of your Galaxy S6
To receive regular video updates on factory resets, subscribe to ResetHard’s Youtube Channel
WARNING: Make sure to backup the data on your Galaxy S6 phone before you proceed with a hard reset – it will erase all of the data on your phone. The data on your SIM card and external memory card won’t be affected.
Steps to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S6:
1. POWER OFF your Galaxy S6 phone
2. Remove the SIM card
3. Press and hold the VOLUME UP, HOME button and the POWER button together until you see the Android robot, then release the buttons
4. Press the VOLUME DOWN to reach WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET and press the POWER button to confirm
5. Again use the VOLUME DOWN button to reach the YES – DELETE ALL USER DATA and confirm with the POWER button
6. Then choose REBOOT SYSTEM NOW with the POWER button
7. Wait until your Galaxy S6 reset is completed.
8. Your Galaxy S6 phone has been completely reset to its original factory settings.