Need to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S4? Use our easy to follow step by step instructions or watch this how-to video to return your Galaxy S4 to its original factory settings.
This video tutorial apply to the following phones:
- Galaxy S4 TD-LTE
- Galaxy S4 Black
- Galaxy S4 Mini
- Galaxy S4 La Fleur
- Galaxy S4 Active
- Galaxy S4 Crystal
- Galaxy S4 Zoom
- Galaxy S4 Duos
What will a hard reset do to my phone? Hard reset will restore your smartphone to its basic factory settings. It will:
- Erase all user data – contacts, music, messages, pictures, video, etc.
- Erase all firmware settings
- Erase all applications installed by user
- Erase the content in internal storage
Reasons why you might need to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S4 phone?
- Reset and disable forgotten screen lock password or pattern
- Might resolve hang-ups & freezing problems
- Might resolve slow performance of your Galaxy S4 phone
- Might resolve unexpected Application crashes
- Wipes personal data phone before you sell your phone or after you buy one
- Regain default functionality of your Galaxy S4
http://www.resethard.com/youtube – To receive regular video updates on hard resets, subscribe to ResetHard’s Youtube Channel
WARNING: Make sure to backup the data on your Galaxy S4 phone before you proceed with a hard reset – it will erase all of the data on your phone. The data on your SIM card won’t be affected.
Steps to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S4:
- POWER OFF your Galaxy S4 phone
- Remove the SIM card
- Remove and replace the battery
- Press and hold the VOLUME UP, HOME button and the POWER button together until you see the Android robot, then release the buttons
- Press the VOLUME DOWN to reach WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET and press the POWER button to confirm
- Again use the VOLUME DOWN button to reach the YES – DELETE ALL USER DATA and confirm with the POWER button
- Then choose REBOOT SYSTEM NOW with the POWER button
- Your Galaxy S4 phone has been completely reset to its original factory settings.
Your Samsung Galaxy S4 has a different problem? The SIM network unlock PIN message indicates that your Galaxy S4 is network locked. You can purchase affordable Galaxy S4 unlock codes from FastGSM.