Hard reset Motorola Defy using this handy guide and you will return your Defy back to its original factory settings. To hard reset Defy, simply follow our simple steps below or follow along with this how-to video.
What will a hard reset do to my phone? Hard reset will restore your smartphone to its basic factory settings. It will:
- Erase all user data
- Erase all firmware settings
- Erase all applications installed by user
- Erase the content in internal storage
Reasons why you might need to hard reset Motorola Defy?
- Reset and disable Screen lock
- Might resolve freezing issues
- Might resolve slow problem with no or slow response of your phone
- Might resolve unexpected Application crashes
- Wipes personal data phone before you sell your phone or after you buy one
http://www.resethard.com/youtube – To receive regular video updates on hard resets, subscribe to ResetHard’s Youtube Channel
WARNING: Make sure to backup your Defy phone before you proceed with a hard reset – it will erase all of the data on your phone.
Steps to hard reset your Motorola Defy:
1. POWER OFF your Defy phone
2. Remove and replace the battery
3. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button and the POWER button together you see the TRIANGLE, then release the buttons
4. Press the VOLUME UP and the VOLUME DOWN buttons to get in RECOVERY menu
5. Press the VOLUME DOWN to reach WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET and press the ENTER button to confirm
6. Again use the VOLUME DOWN button to reach the YES – DELETE ALL USER DATA and confirm with the ENTER button
7. Then choose REBOOT SYSTEM NOW with the ENTER button
8. Your Defy phone has been completely reset to its original factory settings.
Your Motorola Defy has a different problem? The SIM network unlock PIN message indicates that your Defy is network locked. You can purchase affordable Defy unlock codes from FastGSM.com